Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St. Patrick's Day fun

A little late....I know, I know.  And I don't even have a newborn yet! Just think how far behind I'll fall in every area of life once she arrives.

But I simply can't think anything but positive and extremely happy thoughts in regards to this little pea.  I just can't wait to have another little one in our home.  Well, that and the fact that I'm really, really starting to feel uncomfortable and can't imagine a newborn to be more stressful than my pregnant body in its ninth month!

Moving on.... we did enjoy a few fun activities/crafts to celebrate the green season.  It seems like weekdays are so busy around here, the only times we are able to really accomplish anything at all besides homework, piano practice and sports, is on the weekends.  And because Blake works many Saturdays, we do have the time to spare!  Here are a few of our St. Patty's Day creations:

Our favorite project, by vote... was the cute spool necklaces we painted and then attached with yellow ribbon.  Idea from Eighteen25blogspot


We made these for each child, and then teachers and loved ones as well... very easy!


Mr. Leprechaun by Grant B. Marston

By Evelyn

Cute shamrock necklace using paper shamrocks and cut up straws.  Idea from RebeccaCooper-
Simple as That blog.

Yum... pretzel treats for Dane's school party- a big hit!

Bingo

A real treat.... soda for dinner!

And for dessert... mint chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwiches