Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Winter Break

I mean when I say that I love when the kids have a week off from school. In the old days, time off from school was a challenge for me and though something I looked forward to, also something I feared a little.  These days, the kids are of an age that they are mostly very enjoyable to be around!  I love doing the same things they love doing and a day is complete by just inviting all of their friends over to play! I might even venture to say that because Anna is only in school 2 hours a day and Ev is homeschooled,  it's actually easier to have them all home then it is to get them all to their various places, make lunches and do homework each night!  I never really have a minute alone anyway, so it just works nicely to have them all home with me.  This week was no exception and we enjoyed so much sleeping in, making pancakes for breakfast, soccer and volleyball at the park, visiting with Grandma and Grandpa, watching movies and eating out, visiting Sea World, and Balboa Park's Museum of Man along with the Canabolism Exhibit.  We had friends over, we went to Zoomar's petting zoo, Chuck E Cheese, shopping and swimming.  We loved every lazy minute and there were some tears on Sunday when we realized it was all over:)  Dane enjoyed staying on with Grandma and Grandpa after we left on Friday afternoon and he had the best time ever at the Space Aircraft Museum, mini-golfing, California Pizza Kitchen and playing games with Grandma.  His idea of heaven.  So grateful for the fun week of memories and the health and happiness we enjoy.