Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter

Our Easter celebration wasn't nearly long enough this year.  It felt rushed!  And what's more, there were WAY too many important events happening all in one day! April Fool's, General Conference AND Easter!  I decided ahead of time that April Fool's (though a favorite of mine) would take a back seat this year as we prepared to discuss and focus on the events of our Savior's resurrection.


We did our traditional Easter Walk (SUCH a great activity) the week before Easter....and we dyed Easter eggs.  We watched short videos showing the events of the week leading up to Christ's crucifixion.  We read the scriptures and celebrated with our family and extended family.  It was a wonderful couple of days, watching conference, eating delicious food, seeing extended family up in LA at the club where we enjoyed the yummiest buffet ever.  Of course we loved the Easter bunny, Easter baskets and egg hunts. We "egged" a few neighbors.  LOVED our tradition of Splash for Cash with Grandma and Grandpa!  We loved spending time together and watching a movie late at night.  It really was special and we felt very grateful to have the testimony that we do of our Savior and His gospel.  I sure hope that my kids learn all they need to learn while they are at home.  But the most important lesson I hope they grow up with is that knowledge that they have a Savior who loves them and is there for them in all things.  That all they need do is turn to Him and He will bless them and lift them through their life.



Side note:  4th child problems.  Anna asked when the Easter bunny was coming and I looked at her horrified and without thinking said, "I thought you knew! There's no Easter bunny!!!!! Mom and Dad give you a basket!"  Haha.  I've always told my kids from a young age that the Easter bunny is me-- I guess I forgot to tell Anna???  She took it well.