Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Fun


With my Mom in town, it was definitely a good time to work on a few Valentine’s Day projects!  Really, could there be a more fun holiday?  I LOVE Valentine’s Day!
We kept it simple this year…. worked on the kids’ school Valentines, teacher gifts and a family heart bouquet filled with loving acts of service.  The kids pick a heart every day and then attempt to accomplish the task on the back of the heart before days end.  Really cute, and we’ll definitely do next year.  I sure appreciated my Mom’s help.  I don’t think I would have had the energy otherwise.  I can already tell as I’ve entered this last trimester of pregnancy that I am slowing down more and more each day.  And I hate slowing down!  I guess that’s what happens when you get pregnant at my age…. it takes a toll.  But hey, on the bright side, I only have a couple months left and it’s all worth it in the end. 

once again this year, it is mostly ME filling the mailboxes! Rarely do the kids write notes or draw pictures for each other.  Maybe next year?

acts of love bouquet- from make and take blogspot
teacher gifts

attached his photo-- along with Dane's-- to a snack size ziplock full of M&M's to pass out for V-day.  Of course, Grant has no class, and few friends-- but we couldn' t leave him out!!

He was so mad at me that it is signed "love" dane!  I didn't think he was old enough to worry about that sort of thing!

She picked out this saying (from a few I showed her on-line)-- and we attached a tootsie roll to the front of the card.

Happy Valentine's Day!!